How Norge Dental Center Can Straighten Your SmileWe’ll correct crooked teeth to enhance your smile in one of two ways:
- Orthodontics: This branch of dentistry serves to correct the alignment and position of your teeth and jaw joints, and address TMJ disorders with braces.
- Metal braces, or traditional braces, consist of standard metal brackets that we adhere to your teeth and connect by wire. Periodic tightening applies the amount of pressure needed to gradually straighten crooked teeth and properly align them.
- Clear braces serve the same purpose as metal braces, but do not interfere with your smile. Six Month Smiles is a popular brand of clear braces. The difference between the two is the material of the brackets. With clear braces, the brackets are ceramic.
- Most of our adult and teenaged patients prefer Invisalign, or invisible braces. While they cost more, Invisalign trays can be removed while eating and to let you brush and floss normally. Their smooth plastic material also makes them more comfortable to wear.
- Dental Restorations: You have the option of straightening your teeth without the use of braces, especially when there are no further health considerations. Restorative solutions usually provide faster, but not necessarily long-term, results. Common treatments include:
- Porcelain veneers correct minor problems, such as crooked teeth, gaps, and uneven teeth.
- Dental Crowns cover the entire tooth and close up the spaces between teeth, lengthen teeth, and achieve symmetry.
- Cosmetic Bonding is a quick and effective way to correct minor imperfections in teeth. This procedure involves the application of a biocompatible resin onto the surface of your tooth, which we sculpt for symmetry and proper form.